In the year 1918, Clyde Cash decided to open a sand and gravel pit on his family’s farm located east of Greencastle on State Road 240. Shortly after the sand and gravel pit, Clyde introduced the production of concrete block. The concrete block were being produced from the sand and gravel excavated from the pit. Clyde’s two sons, Bill and Gene, later added concrete septic tanks to the operation in 1948. Following the added precast department, Cash Concrete entered into the ready-mixed concrete industry in 1953. Cash Concrete added brick to their product line in the 1980’s.